Thursday, April 22, 2021

Cha-Ching


Cards and coins from @flywheels affordable breaks. 
 
There's a lot of money in the hobby lately. Let's look at some of that cash, courtesy of Cardboard Collections Affordable Group Breaks.


I only collect the best young baller QBs like NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Justin Herbert. I couldn't even find a recent eBay listing for this red parallel. I am going to be rich!


Okay, fine, showing off some random dude from 1993 Bowman probably isn't going to make you think I go to sleep at night on stacks of cash. I'd much rather collect Eagles from this era than the current era, though.


Look at that shine! Should I send this to a grading company?!?


I was actually super thrilled to get into a break full of NBA stickers, because hoops stuff is impossible to come by these days unless you have three platinum credit cards. I mean, I hope no one is going into credit debt for buying up a bunch of random base cards.


I hope it's with Portland, but I have a feeling Nassir Little is going to be a star one day.


Last year's sticker set came with a full sized (non-sticker) card in each pack, which was a fun addition. I wish I had more of these.


They're no superfractors, but x-fractors are pretty blingy, right? Oh, I suppose no one uses the word blingy anymore (or ever.)


Pack Wars?! People are practically starting real wars over... cards.
 

You never know what you're going to find in one of Colbey's breaks. Stickers, cards, games... you name it.


I hadn't seen much of this old Topps HD set, so I was happy to get a couple of the base cards plus this Big Mac insert.


Real cash money! I should see if I can score some Panini Prizm packs for these.

5 comments :

  1. It's gonna be two years since I've seen basketball at retail. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the days of hanging out at a card shop, buying a few packs, and having a good old fashioned pack war. It's been at least 20 years since I've done that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of really fun stuff here! Of course the Big Mac is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of variety here. If I had the money, and possessed better luck, I'd probably try to get in to some of Colbey's higher end breaks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.