Thursday, February 23, 2023

The Night Owl Express


Another smooth @nightowlcards delivery. 
 
Hall of Fame blogger Night Owl Cards has sent me many, many envelopes of things over the years. The cards we're looking at today came over here back in November, as I slowly but surely catch up on a few stacks of cards that have been sitting around somewhat neglected.


The number of Topps Sapphire cards in my collection is very low, since I don't usually go after fancy versions of base cards that tend to cost more than a pack itself. I do seriously appreciate getting these in trades, though, since they're not something I'm typically going to find in a quarter box at a card show.


A whole Cardinals set with pink borders would be an interesting looking thing. The team would need to be decked out in red to really make it pop, of course.


This sure is vibrant! I am willing to bet that I have more Dylan Carlson cards with an RC logo on them than cards of many of the team's stars from the '80s. Of course, I still probably need hundreds more of them.


Noooooooooooooot! That is all.


There were a couple of cards of the retired Cardinals legend. I've always had a weird affinity towards the 2002 Victory set. I wouldn't mind opening a box someday, if that's even possible. It feels like most older unopened stuff either ended up some hoarder's basement or was opened during the pandemic.


The rainbow foil effect gives this All-Star flashback card from 2020 Topps Update a bit of a shine.


Night Owl also sent a pile of Allen & Ginter needs, as is customary. Here's a couple of non-baseball athletes on the mini black border design from way back in 2010.


The bulk of the rest of the cards came from the 2021 Ginter set. I've relied heavily on others to put together this set as well as the 2022 set. For some reason, when it's not released in summer, my enthusiasm for opening A&G blasters really tends to wane. Will this be the year that the manufacturing delays finally start to subside?


Like most baseball fans, my first recollection of Edgar Renteria was his heroic performance in the Florida Marlins first championship season. He'd later, of course, become a key player for the Cardinals.

Thanks again to the Night Owl!

5 comments :

  1. Yeah, pink and red is an interesting look. Good in small doses I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered that Lars is half Japanese. I'm excited to track down a few of his cards for my Japan PC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A&G really should go back to using these kind of black borders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice cards from Night Owl here. Odd seeing Albert Pujols listed as an outfielder.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.