Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Trading with Nachos Grande

I have been the lucky recipient of four packages of baseball cards in the mail in the past four days (not counting Sunday, of course, because that would be creepy.) Today's package, which was actually received on Monday, was from FanOfReds over at Nachos Grande. It was chock full of 2008 Allen & Ginter cards that I needed from my want list. There were some flag cards, like the Flyin' Hawaiian up there, some base stuff and some SPs. I'm sure you're all tired of seeing Allen & Ginter posted here, but after watching a tape of tonight's Blazers game and the halftime ceremony in which the Blazers retired Terry Porter's jersey, I am tired and I don't think I can tackle much else.

I'm showing off Bengie Molina because he's a Molina. That's all there really is to say.

My girlfriend's high school was named after James Bowie. His name is not pronounced like David Bowie. It's more like kablooey, only with fewer letters. I should probably track down another one of these cards for Erin. By the way, those are some nice chops, James!

Josh Hamilton is so psyched about the 2009 Major League Baseball regular season that he is apparently not going to participate in the World Baseball Classic. His tattoos on this card look like leeches.

Thanks again to Nachos Grande. Sadly, I still have not sent out the return package in this trade, as I ran out of shipping tape and the weather has been ridiculous in Portland this week. I have about 10-12 packages to mail out, most of which are ready to go, and I hope to have them all out by New Year's. If I actually owe you cards, then your package will get sent sooner rather than later.

4 comments :

  1. Hmmmm. I just put some A&G in the mail for you an hour or so ago. Hope there are still some left you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ones I got from Nachos Grande have been crossed off my list for awhile, so I'm sure I need whatever you sent. Thanks a ton for helping me complete the set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those DO look like leeches. Eek.

    Kablooey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the cards - and glad you liked yours! Let me know if you want to work out another trade anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.