Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Lenticulartastic!


My first trade with Scott Crawford on Cards went off without a hitch, and I'm still here to tell about it. Scott claimed some "Up For Grabs" Reggie Jackson cards and a bunch of cards from the 2012 Topps Archives set. Meanwhile, I helped myself to some Cardinals and a few other goodies. (By the way, I had to put the whole "Up For Grabs" thing on hold for a little bit as I was having a hard time keeping up with trades, but it will be back very soon.)


Scott sent me a bunch of bling, 1992 style, in the form of some Gold Winners. I don't think the term "bling" was a thing back then, but let's just say that Juan Agosto is looking pretty fly, dope, and phat. Phat indeed.


I believe this was a hobby shop promotion that was a cross-promotion involving the MLB Network. I don't get to hobby shops too often as they're strangely even less convenient than card shows around here, so I usually miss out on all of the hobby exclusives. This is a fantastic looking card of the former Cardinal great.


The contributions of Allen Craig (and Lance Berkman for that matter) are greatly overlooked in all of the other amazing things that happened during the 2011 World Series. Also, I love gold parallels and serial numbered cards. Have I mentioned that lately?


Scott dropped in a couple of lenticulartastic Opening Day Stars inserts from a couple of years ago. I am collecting all of these inserts and am glad to see that Topps brought them back for a third straight year. I did some work on the sidebar to my want lists recently, which consolidates some of the sets into sub-pages. Things look more tidy, and it also makes me feel like I'm not trying to put together 45 sets at once. Because I'm not. I swear!

3 comments :

  1. There was a kid in high school (who may or may not have had a mental disability) that always called things "phat" but then also always made sure to clarify by spelling it out for us "p-h-A-t." Not sure why he emphasized the "A" when that wasn't the difference between the two words, but there you have it. He also walked the halls with a rolling suitcase instead of a backpack.
    --Jon

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.