Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Night Cardinals


I've added a few sets to my want list this year, and Joe from The Sandlot decided to put a massive dent in one of those lists - 2006 Bowman Heritage. In a future post, I'll show off some of the more interesting and/or notable cards that I received, but this is not that post. This is the post about the extra Cardinals he was kind enough to throw in, as I watch a tightly contested Sunday Night Baseball matchup between the good guys and the Phillies. (And listen to John Kruk drone on and on about nothing...)


These little "throw in" touches are part of what makes trading so fun. I knew that I was going to get a ton of cards that I needed, but I had no idea what extra goodies awaited me, like some 1998 Topps Gallery cards. Some little optical tricks are employed here to make Lankford's bat look cartoonishly large.


It's Stan the Man, on a modern Turkey Red card. I also received a nice chunk of Turkey Red cards, but for tonight it's strictly Cardinals.


Albert. Does anyone miss Topps Co-Signers? I am pretty sure that I've never bought a Co-Signers pack, and I'm not even sure if I've ever seen one. I wish I could go back in time and buy packs at retail chains and hobby shops, not to score a bunch of incredible deals but just because so many things just aren't around anymore. I get really sick of seeing the same products on the shelf all the time and I knew others do as well.


Adam Wainwright is having quite a season so far. He has not issued a walk in his last 29 innings and is very close to breaking Pea Ridge Day's franchise record number of innings without a walk at 29 2/3. Pea Ridge Day also sounds more like an event than an actual human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.