Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Cardinal-centric Trade


Last month I was introduced to another Cardinals collector, which is not so much of a surprise these days. Trading with people that are primarily interested in the same team as you, however, is a lot easier than it sounds. Just because you might be competitors for cards in certain scenarios does not mean that you don't have plenty to exchange. And as you'll see here in the coming weeks, I have much more to offer a Cardinals fan than fans of any other team by far.


This recent exchange involved Andrew of Andrew's Baseball Cards. Cardinals fan or otherwise, Andrew has some quality trade bait up for the taking, so you should stop on by if you haven't already paid a visit. He also tends to post scans of cards I would love to get my hands on copies of someday, but that just comes with the territory.


With the sudden rise of the young talented arms in the Cardinals system, I feel like a bit of the attention has been taken away from some of their vets. As a card collector, I don't mind it at all. While I do want my own copies of Michael Wacha and Carlos Martinez cards, I will gladly take in all of the Wainwrights the internet has to offer.


Yadier Molina's completed ascent to the center of the Cardinals star pillar has not taken me by surprise in the least. What doesn't sit well with me is that his cards are still fairly difficult to find. I'm sure certain fans of certain other teams are sick to death of pulling Yadis, but it's taken him until this season to reach Insert Card Consideration status, something that was previously reserved for the Pujolses and Rolens of the world.


Boom! A small Yadi, looming large for some reason.


The man behind the mask sat on the bench tonight for just the third time all season. He has to be given serious MVP consideration this year, moreso than his 4th place finish last season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.