Monday, June 10, 2013

A Break for Baseball


I took a break from the blog for a few days to take in some real live baseball at Safeco Field, where I got to see Andy Pettitte notch his 250th career victory and see Mariano Rivera save his 3553453th game. Something like that, anyway. I've got more "Up For Grabs" coming up, but for now, here's a few cards I got from the 2013 Topps Heritage set that I've been working on. Mark Kaz is one of the kind folks who have helped me out with this set lately, and the cards I show here were sent by him.


Sometimes names just make me chuckle out loud. Skaggs is one of those names. Just say it and see what you think. Adam Eaton is supposed to be a prospect, I guess, but I'll forever confuse him with the apparently retired pitcher who pitched for the Padres and Phillies among other stops.


The Marlins are just an unbelievably bad franchise. And no one collects their cards. Absolutely no one. To prove this, I will offer several hundred Marlins cards to the first person who sends me their address, no questions asked. You don't even have to comment on the blog, especially if you don't want to out yourself as a Marlins fan. I'm sure if these two players are any good at all, they'll be flipped in no time to the Mets for the remainder of Bobby Bonilla's contract.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.