Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Waiting 'til Next Year (For This Trade Post)


It's Brian Barber Approved!

Most of the sets I'm trying to build are collecting a fair amount of dust, but I was able to chip away at Erin's long lost (but not forgotten) 2012 Triple Play set thanks to P-Town Tom. The Cubs fan was kind enough to toss some Cardinals into the mix, so I thought I'd take a look at a few of those.


Lance Lynn had a perfect W-L record in the month of April until his last start, which was a frustrating one. Tonight was another frustrating one. I didn't have a great feeling about the Cardinals' prospects this season before the games began in earnest and I certainly don't right now. I'm sure no one anywhere is losing any sleep over this, considering how the team has been lionized in the media in recent years.


This card is some sort of crazy jumble of Pujols parts and limbs. It would seem to be from a set called Fleer 3D, but I don't know a thing about it. This is my favorite kind of thing to get in a blind trade.


It's a box bottom! Scanners seem to be very friendly towards cards with wobbly edges, which is basically the reverse of how they treat some of my pristine cards. Also, having a cropping tool and a free image editor helps.


Finally, here's one of those pesky Triple Play cards. We still need a couple dozen of these cards. Give it a look if you're bored or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.