Tuesday, June 5, 2018

10th Anniversary Group Break - Free To Join!


Celebrate ten years of Cards on Cards by signing up for some cards. 

It's finally here! If you want to skip all of the details and just sign up for your favorite team, here are some key things to know:

1. All entrants will only be considered valid by leaving a comment here (first come, first served) and following up with an email or DM (via Twitter) to me with your mailing address. No exceptions. If I do not receive a mailing address for you within 24 hours of signing up, your slot will be released to the wild.
2. This group break is FREE to all, but is largely an appreciation for people who have traded with me or sent me cards in the past, as well as readers of this blog. If you have never sent me anything before, that's totally fine, but I may gently encourage you to check out my various want lists at some point.

UPDATE: I understand a certain number of folks are having issues with commenting on the blog. I believe this has something to do with Google ending support of OpenID. If you are one of these, please feel free to contact me directly on Twitter or via e-mail.

---

What goodies do we have here?

One of the first group things I did here with the blog was give away a cache of minor league cards I had built up over the years for team collectors, so I was inspired by this when I went over to Steel City Collectibles and took advantage of their moving sale to buy some boxes. The following boxes are included as part of this:


  • 1998 Team Best (Includes one autograph)
  • 1999 Team Best (Includes two autographs)
  • 2000 Team Best Extended (Includes an autograph in every pack, because at this point Team Best must have been crazy. They did include autos from some of their past releases here, suspiciously.)
  • 1999 Topps Stadium Club Series 1 (it's not just minor league stuff here)
  • And much, much more (read below)
Additionally, I am adding in a whole bunch of stuff from my collection. This includes another cache of fairly random minor league cards I've acquired over the years (junk wax to current decade), stuff that's laying around my desk (doubles from sets I've been working on), and a bit of "trade bait" quality stuff. Also, there will be the contents of a couple of Bowman Mega Box boxes I picked up recently (includes an autograph but does not include the Cardinals autograph I recently pulled). ALSO, because there was a little bit of interest expressed in this, I am also going to create some slots for non-baseball things.

You can probably think of this as a group break, a giveaway and a spring cleaning all in one.

Here are the slots available. Each bullet point is a slot. Each person can claim one (1) slot, until a point at my choosing where I open this thing up to additional slots. If a name is listed below, the slot is considered officially confirmed.

  • Arizona Diamondbacks - SportCardCollectors shipped
  • Atlanta Braves - Matt S shipped
  • Baltimore Orioles - Daniel M shipped
  • Boston Red Sox - defgav shipped
  • Chicago Cubs - Jafronius shipped
  • Chicago White Sox - Jason G shipped
  • Cincinnati Reds - Red Cardboard shipped
  • Cleveland Indians - TSHenson shipped
  • Colorado Rockies - Tracy L shipped
  • Detroit Tigers - Julie O shipped
  • Miami Marlins - AJ shipped
  • Houston Astros - Twitch shipped
  • Kansas City Royals - Jupiterhill shipped
  • Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - The Angels In Order shipped
  • Los Angeles Dodgers - gcrl shipped
  • Milwaukee Brewers - Matthew P shipped
  • Minnesota Twins - Jimmy shipped
  • Montreal Expos - Adam S shipped
  • New York Mets - buckstorecards shipped
  • New York Yankees - The Lost Collector shipped
  • Oakland Athletics - Swing and a Pop-Up shipped
  • Philadelphia Phillies - Richard N shipped
  • Pittsburgh Pirates - JWillden27 shipped
  • St. Louis Cardinals* - Bo shipped
  • San Diego Padres - Padrographs shipped
  • San Francisco Giants - mrhaverkamp shipped
  • Seattle Mariners - Scott C shipped
  • Tampa Bay Rays - Tim B shipped
  • Texas Rangers - Colbey H shipped
  • Toronto Blue Jays - Bo shipped
  • Washington Nationals - CaptKirk42 shipped
  • NBA Slot A - Northwest Division (Nuggets, Timberwolves, Thunder) - Brandon B shipped 
  • NBA Slot B - Florida and Memphis (Heat, Magic, Grizzlies) - Chris (The Collector) shipped
  • NBA Slot C - Central Division (Bucks and Pistons) - Jafronius shipped
  • NBA Slot D - Pacific Division (Clippers and Suns) - Brian P shipped
  • Assorted College Football cards - Jupiterhill shipped
  • Assorted College Basketball cards - George A shipped
  • Assorted NFL cards - Trevor P
  • Non-"Big 3" sports cards, non-sports cards, unaffiliated baseball cards & general weirdness - Padrographs shipped
* Note: Any cards needed for my own collection will, of course, be removed. However, do not discount the thousands upon thousands of Cardinals dupes I have accumulated over the years.

Special requests will be taken into consideration and can be dealt with via email or Twitter direct message, once I've received confirmation that you're in for the break and I have your address.

None of the boxes in the break will be opened live, or on video, or anything like that. This is what you get when you sign up for something free. You'll just have to trust me.

If there are any questions about the slots available, particularly the last several slots, please let me know.

Want to send me something? My Cardinals want list starts here and my set want lists are here. I'm also on tradingcarddb.com as madding, where 99% of my stuff has been added (still working on serial numbered stuff and "hits").

Special requests: 
1. Checklists, sweepstakes, game cards - The Angels In Order
2. Cincinnati Bengals - Adam S

40 comments :

  1. If you're looking to return fire from my most recent mailer, the Mets from this will suffice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, the Cleveland Indians please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to send your mailing addresses, even if I have traded with you often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are having issues commenting (Google recently has made some changes here that I don't fully understand), email and Twitter are also valid for claiming a team as long as you send me your address within 24 hours of claiming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I sent my mailing address to the correct email that I had for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since the Red Sox have already been taken...I'll go with the Oakland A's

    ReplyDelete
  8. REDS BABY ... I'll send ya some stuff

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since the Reds and Indians have both apparently been already claimed I guess I'll go with the Montreal Expos. Email confirmation on this will be forthcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would like the Phillies if available please...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll take the Braves... and I have an idea. E-mail to come. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would be interested in NBA Slot B - Florida and Memphis (Heat, Magic, Grizzlies) Email coming!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's been a while since I took part in something, so I think now's a good time to jump back in. I'll claim the Royals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Since my Braves are off the table, I’ll take the Rangers please.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, no one has taken the Cubs or Dodgers yet? What in the world is happening?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Crisis averted...Cubs for me please!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Also, none of the boxes you bought have a pack opened on A Pack To Be Named Later...nudge nudge wink wink?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll try the Cardinals. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks much....SF Giants for me. Should tide me over until your bowl spectacular contest in December.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You posted this during the height of work chaos, thus waiting so long for someone to take the Dodgers. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. If the Twins are still available, I will take them. Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Heck with it! Let's do the Mariners! Follow-up on its way!

    ReplyDelete
  23. if no one claims them I would like the non sports and other assorted weirdness

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'd love to get in for the Rays!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Tim, email me or DM me your address and they’re yours.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Orioles I guess. .. running out of teams.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Since nobody else claimed them, if I can get a second slot I wouldn't mind the assorted college football cards.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I could take the White Sox too, if still up for grabs.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on 10 years! Even though the years listed are pre Nationals and an early bird already has the Expos I gotta take my Homie team Nationals.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cool, if we can take a second team I'll take the Blue Jays if they are unclaimed (though it looks like someone did early on?). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very cool that you're doing this. Congrats on the milestone.
    I'll take the White Sox if it's alright.

    ReplyDelete
  32. If no one else wants it, I'll take the Bucks / Pistons cards...maybe I'll luck into a Giannis card or two...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Would totally be interested in Mets!!! I might be too late to the party?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.