Monday, July 1, 2019

It's Summer and it's Baseball Time!


Play ball! 

I'm hitting up Seattle in the morning to catch the Cardinals/Mariners series, which means the blog will be devoid of any real content for a bit. I'm going to schedule some roboposts for each gameday that will feature some amazing Cardinals cards from the 2019 Topps Museum Collection set. For now, let's look at a few of the more common cards from this fancypants release. I should mention at this point that all of this week's cards were acquired from another Crackin' Wax group break.


This isn't an awful portrait of Paul Goldschmidt's face per se, but my favorite part of these Canvas Collection cards is the "canvas" feel to them. I have a hard time saying this, because I don't feel that I have any artistic talent of my own (when it comes to drawing, at least), but I really dislike almost all drawn (and "drawn") cards from the current era.


The Museum Collection base design is nice and classy as usual. Matt Carpenter will have, hopefully, recovered from the stomach bug that kept him out of the lineup for the entire Padres series by tomorrow. It's only somewhat suspicious that he was benched for multiple games in the midst of an awful season for a rookie (Tommy Edman) who showed some flash the instant he got on the field.


Erin and I are very excited about seeing Yadi on the field again. I don't say this often, but... what a legendary player!

1 comment :

  1. Looking forward to seeing the hits. Hope you bring some good luck to the Cardinals in Seattle. Would be nice to win a few games before the All Star break.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.