Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Affordable Break Things

 

Box break stuff from @flywheels even includes some FOOTBALL. 
 
Colbey from Cardboard Collections is still going strong with his Affordable Group Breaks, which has its own Facebook group these days. Groups, incidentally, are the only reason why I haven't deleted my Facebook account as the rest of the platform is pretty much a cesspool. I requested a package from him back in early July, which contained stuff from several breaks and even some bonus cards, I believe.


From the then-new Big League set came this autograph of the talented Cardinals starting pitcher. Autographs are not usually the main draw of a cheaper set like this, so it was cool and unexpected to end up with a card this nice.

Each pack contains an orange parallel, and my good Big League fortune continued with this Tommy Edman card.


I believe this gold parallel Mike Leake card was from the bonus stash. I like the honeycomb pattern on these, but I still miss the old gold cards.


One of the breaks was for the 2002 Donruss Super Estrellas set. One of the few hobby boxes I've opened came from this set, but I still needed a few things from it, including this Pujols insert.


I even joined a football break, which isn't terribly common for me. The reason my Eagles fandom is pretty subdued has a lot to do with my issues with the NFL as whole, but a lot of it has to do with how the Eagles just don't look like this anymore. I miss these uniforms! Sure, I followed the team through the McNabb years, but... look at this green! (Plus, it pales in comparison to college football as far as the excitement factor goes.)


Here's a few more. With the number of doubles I ended up with, I'm guessing that I ended up with the bulk of the 1995 Stadium Club team set here. Ricky Watters kind of ruins my color appreciation as he shows up in practice attire looking more Dolphin-like than Eagle-like, but we'll forgive him for that.

1 comment :

  1. Congratulations on landing the Flaherty autograph. Hope he bounces back after that rough outing in Milwaukee.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.