Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Khalil Greene Watch: Day Whatever, and One More Contest

It's been awhile since I've done this. I don't remember what day we're on, and I don't want to look for fear of ruining tonight's Cardinals game for me (I tape the majority of the games because of my work schedule.) Go here if you don't know what this is all about.

Cesar Izturis, 2008: 135 G, 414 AB, .263 BA, .628 OPS
Khalil Greene, 2009: 58 G, 148 AB, .209 BA, .644 OPS

I'll have another update at the end of the regular season. Tyler Greene has dropped off of the scene, as Brendan Ryan secured the full-time starting shortstop duties and has done extremely well. Khalil's rebirth as a 3rd baseman lasted all of about a week, but he's now back in the fold as a backup 3B/pinch-hitter. He's actually done extremely well in exactly one respect this season: with runners in scoring position. Check out this line: .387 BA, 18 RBI and 1.031 OPS in 41 plate appearances with RISP. Small sample size, yes, but I don't mind seeing him pinch hit with runners on.

---

I forgot about one contest the predated all of the other contests I mentioned in my last post. Thorzul Will Rule has a Trade and Win contest where you can send in cards you don't want, eliminate pesky needs from his want list and possibly win a prize when all is said and done. For me, it was an always welcome opportunity to get rid of some cards from the early-'90s but for you, perhaps, it will be an opportunity to win something nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.