Sunday, October 3, 2010

Jim Edmonds is Awesome and So Are You

I have completely updated my Jim Edmonds collection (see the sidebar) with all cards including, finally, my relics and serial-numbered cards updated on my Zistle collection. I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of putting up multiple player collections on that site, but that's something I will have to tackle another night. Out of the 301 unique Edmonds cards that Zistle tells me I currently own, I'm sure at least half of them came from fellow collectors that I've traded with through this blog, which is awesome.

Equally as awesome is the latest package I received from T.J. of All Your Base Cards Belong To Us. This fellow Blazers fan contacted me recently about a Max Lanier autographed postcard that he was looking to unload. Admittedly, I didn't know much about Max, the father of ex-Astros manager Hal Lanier. Max gained notoriety by jumping to the Mexican League in 1946 with promises of a more lucrative contract, but ultimately had to fight his way back into MLB.

Flipping the book to present day, the regular season came to an unfortunate end today. I'm not looking forward to the playoffs featuring the inherently racist "Tomahawk Chop" and endless hyperbole about Bobby Cox's career. The Giants are also pretty far down my list of teams that I care to watch... not even mentioned how Brian Wilson makes me feel. Still, though, Albert Pujols polished off another MVP-caliber season. He actually finished just percentage points behind Matt Holliday for the team batting average lead, which means for the first time in his career he will not be the Cardinals leader in BA.

Jaime Garcia had a terrific season and figures to garner a good amount of NL Rookie of the Year votes, even though he will likely lose out to the Heyward Hype Machine. Garcia won 12 games this year and finished with an ERA well below 3.00.

And then there's Adam Wainwright. After coming oh-so-close to winning 20 in 2009, he finally did it this season, capping off a three-year run of 50-22 baseball.

If anyone out there has any spare Edmonds cards, please consider giving my collection a look (see it on the sidebar) and let me know if there's anything you have that I may not. And thanks again to everyone for more than 2 years of great trading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.