Monday, March 9, 2015

Trading With Steve H


No new Topps Heritage here. Nothing to see here, folks. Move it along...

Continuing on with the return packages from my Mini Group Break, here's a few cards that reader Steve H sent me. Steve snagged the Bay Area teams as well as the Astros, and was kind enough to send some nice Cardinals cards my way as well as some 2014 Ginter set needs.


I like these cards, but I still don't feel like they belong with the Allen & Ginter product line. I hate to say it, but I'm starting to think that this brand should have ended a long time ago. I have the most affection for the 2008 set and am vastly more interested in the first few years of its revival than any of the more recent offerings.


Topps dramatically scaled back the number of colors in their rainbow of parallels this year, but we'll always have 2014. Green, blue, red, purple, yellow, whatever that weird color that yellow turned into for Series 2... and that's not even considering the serial numbered stuff. They were headed down the path towards an actual vomit color scheme before pulling out of the tailspin and getting things somewhat back on track this year.


Mini Ozzie! But look how busy this design is! There's barely enough room to fit the actual player on it.

1 comment :

  1. Who is this reader Steve H? I'm interested in tracking down some Astros minis. Wouldn't mind another trade partner.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.