Wednesday, June 14, 2017

From the Archives


Blaster results, skewed heavily towards the Cardinals. 

It's been about a week, and I'm still impressed with 2017 Topps Archives. Since this stuff wasn't available at the local stores last time I checked, I went ahead and ordered a blaster online. And while I was really excited about the exclusive coins that actually resemble the late '80s coins sets Topps produced (and not just a picture of them slapped on a piece of cardboard), it was pretty disappointing to find that there were no Cardinals in the set of 25. I would have actually attempted to scan the coins I received, but both of them were rotten lousy Cubs. Instead, lets look at this poorly scanned image.


Not the right year, but you get the drift. Also, these things are actually metal, so they will oxidize over the years. Be careful how you store them!


Back to the present-ish, here's a fantastic photo of Carlos Martinez. I think I've narrowed things down to Martinez and Matt Carpenter as far as whose shersey I'm going to buy next, but I might also do something off the wall and get a Jedd Gyorko.


Hmm... still Photoshopped? This is way too closely cropped for me to be able to tell.


Does anyone actually collect these?


In today's new economy, I am guessing people's wealth will be measured in number of Aaron Judge cards owned before too long.


These are fun. This is an insert modeled after '59 Bazooka.


What the hell?


This is great. But you knew I'd say that.


This is some sort of faux-retro insert that was completely unnecessary. I wish that Topps hadn't included these. If they really needed to fulfill some sort of insert quota, they could have gone for something like the tacky 1992 Topps Black Gold design, I suppose.


Always good to end with a Waino.

1 comment :

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.