Friday, June 2, 2017

Simply The Best


May's purchase from @thelootlocker includes another 2016 Bowman's Best treat. 

It's been a bit since I splurged for a Loot Locker, but I got the urge last month and put an order in. This one was a bit of a mixed bag, with some choice treats coming out of the fancy pants pack and two fairly pedestrian hobby packs of stuff also available at the retail level.


I don't know if it's a west coast thing, but I still continue to pull Dodgers by the bucketful. This one is headed to the Night Owl pile.


I am pretty sure I've pulled a Cespedes of some sort in every Loot Locker. Do people like him?


This probably isn't as sought after as that Aaron Judge that I pulled in a previous 2016 Bowman's Best pack, but this is no slouch. I'm sure I'll find a home for this.


I have no idea who Will Craig is, but this gold refractor version of his Top Prospects card is numbered to 50.


This one would also be headed to the Night Owl pile, but I'm fairly certain I already sent him this card. (I prefer Jose DeLeon, but no one asked me.)


Also included was a 2017 Gypsy Queen pack, with a couple more cards than your big box store packs provides. I am not a fan of these art cards, I have to say. I'm sure Brian Kong is a lovely person and all, but his work is not for me. I believe he also worked on some of the Allen & Ginter sketch cards from a number of years back, plus the one-and-done National Chicle revival set. (I suppose it's important to note that I couldn't draw an object to save my life, let alone a person.)


The Bowman pack netted this Stephen Piscotty base card, which I am pretty sure is a duplicate. Still, it's always good to pull a Cardinal.

3 comments :

  1. I would wager Bob Walk would be very interested in the Craig gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the looks of those Bowman's Best cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's probably where the Craig is headed. I haven't sent out any Pirates stuff in awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.