Sunday, October 7, 2018

Want Lists, Attacked


Dennis from Too Many Verlanders/Manninghams sends over some Top 10 needs. 

I have a "10 Most Wanted" list on the blog that I don't give nearly enough attention. It tends to sit over at the blog sidebar, hoping someone (not on a mobile device) will notice. Here's what it looks like currently for those on mobile devices:

1. Matt Carpenter - 2014 Topps All-Star Access #ASA-MCR
2. Ozzie Smith - 2016 Topps Berger's Best #BB2-1980
3. Art Howe - 1984 Fleer Update #U-54
4. Adam Wainwright - 2014 Topps Allen & Ginter #324
5. Lonnie Smith - 1982 Topps Traded #108T
6. Yadier Molina - 2013 Bowman Platinum #14
7. Michael Wacha - 2018 Topps #51
8. Jack Flaherty - 2018 Topps Gypsy Queen #36
9. Ray Lankford - 1991 Classic Game #83
10. Pedro Guerrero - 1991 Topps Cracker Jack I #8

Dennis from Too Many Verlanders / Manninghams took down several of these needs a few months back, only to find that more needs have popped up to replace them. It's funny how that works! Here are a few of those cards, plus some more fun stuff that wasn't on the list but was definitely on my massive unending want list.


Joaquin "Walking Underwear" Andujar may "now (be) with (the) A's", but I still needed the card because of the uniform he's in.


Back in the early '00's, Fleer (and other associated brands) used to short print all of their rookie and prospect cards, which must have been super annoying. I missed those years.


This guy was such a dominant player when I was in my teens, but it's really rough to listen to him on the air, calling games in the playoffs. Maybe he works as a regional color guy, but I couldn't stop making fun of him during the Astros game yesterday.


Another serial numbered Fleer rookie. Mystique cards are pretty slick looking, though.


It would probably be tough to surf in full catcher's gear.


It's always great to take down an '80s need. I've been working on my '80s list... really, all of my lists lately, to be honest... but I know there are still plenty of holes.


Back to the present with a 2018 gold Waino parallel. These aren't as gold as they used to be.


Dennis is also a big college football guy (Michigan, if you've got anything to help him out) and always sends along a treasure trove of Ducks cards. I save a lot of them for Saturdays in the fall, but here's a glimpse at a former D-line star.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.