Sunday, April 26, 2020

Jack from the Wood


Another @listia pickup reminds me that I should really be scooping up all of the Flaherty cards right now. 

I've never been one to understand card values, but I have always been tremendously baffled by how undervalued pitchers can be, compared to their position player counterparts. There are many pitchers -- Hall of Fame pitchers, even -- that have cards that can be purchased for pennies on the dollar compared to slugger types that have only been around for a few years.

I think Jack Flaherty is going to be something special, however. Despite how his chosen position will probably limit his potential future value when it comes to the card market, I feel like I still should be snagging his cards (particularly from 2018) whenever possible. This particular card was a Listia win. It's a "wood" parallel from the 2018 Topps Gallery set. I typically find these cards from the recent Walmart-exclusive Gallery revival to run anywhere from hilarious to hideous, but for some reason the Flaherty card doesn't look half bad. I'm not even sure I have the base version of this, but I suddenly want all of the versions.

2 comments :

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.