Wednesday, April 22, 2020

The Weeks are Blending Together


A couple of weeks worth of #CrackinWaxMailday box breaks from @crackinwax -- the highlights!

What day is it today? There used to be a corny joke attached to that question, but right now it's something legitimate to ask yourself when you wake up in the morning. Crackin' Wax has been hosting near-daily group breaks for the past month(?) or so. I'm losing track of time. Speaking of time... well, in the interest of time at least, I just grabbed ten of the cards from breaks over the past couple of weeks to show here. Let's check them out.


I'm still at the point in the year where if it's Heritage, I'm all in for it. I've made decent progress on the set, but I still have quite a ways to go. I did buy a "mega box" of the stuff online today, so my purchases there could eventually be slowing down. This Dakota Hudson Chrome card doesn't help out my set at all, but it slides into my team collection quite nicely.


I've seen a lot of surprising praise for the 2020 Donruss set. Is that some kind of crazy talk? I'll admit, the fun factor is high, and that's not because there are cards with emoji-ridden borders.


I've always liked the stat line parallels tied to a player's career or season performance numbers. I was surprised to get such a low numbered card of Jack Flaherty, though.


I first saw this card in a Topps digital app, so I was really excited when it was pulled in one of the box breaks. Heritage relics always look nice, and this year's Astros-style look is a good one.


I believe I bought into at least two more 2019 Prizm breaks, so a good chunk of the cards that I needed came from this set. CW apparently found a really good deal on boxes of the jumbo/rack packs, which carry the exclusive red, white and blue parallels in them.


Here's another one of those patriotic parallels, featuring a Spring Training shot of Paul Goldschmidt.


There are red, white and blue autographs as well. This one is numbered to just 50. Justin Williams is part of a way too deep Cardinals outfield picture, but I would say that his chances are still good that he'll see some action at some point, even if he's not expected to make the final roster at the start of the season.


This was a good couple of weeks for "hits", as another auto was pulled in cup-of-coffee guy Xavier Scruggs. These silver autographs from 2015 Topps Chrome have a really nice look to them.


I also had a little bit of box topper luck as I landed this Waino from the 2011 Allen & Ginter set. It's an N43 card, which is slightly longer on one side and shorter on the other from a regular card. I'll have to figure out how to store this, since it's probably only the second or third N43 in my entire collection.

3 comments :

  1. Just wait until the months start blending together! I just hope that we won't have to be saying this about years at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I have a daily schedule to follow for work, I'm able to keep track of the different days of the week... but the past ___ weeks all blend together. I can tell you that 3/13 was the last day I saw my students in person... but couldn't tell you if that was 5, 6, or 7 weeks ago without looking at a calendar.

    By the way... the Molina relic is sweet. Love the colors. And the 2015 Chrome refractor autograph is beautiful too. Favorite flagship design of the decade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about 2020 Donruss. I think it is all the color parallels that give it more appeal. Love the Prism cards.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.