Friday, November 6, 2020

From Behind Enemy Lines


A few Cardinals goodies from @WhiteMamba52 includes fishfractors and signatures. 

Sending cards to a fan of a rival team is almost twice as satisfying. Not only are you potentially making someone's day, but you also get to get rid of cards from that team you love to root against. That's what I assume Colt, who talks and occasionally sells a few cards on Twitter, was feeling when he sent some stuff my way earlier this year. I know him primarily as a regular in the Crackin' Wax group breaks that I've posted about quite a lot this year.


Inside the package were a pair of 2020 Topps Chrome prism refractors, which some of you like to call "fishfractors". Hey, maybe the name is finally starting to catch on with me?


I'll always feel a little nostalgic for the '80s Topps designs, because I start collecting cards in the '80s. I feel like Topps has done a better job with these the past few years than they have with Archives. There's something really off about the majority of the Archives designs, at least to me.


Topping off the bunch of Cards cards were a pair of autos from last year's Topps Chrome set. Ponce de Leon's eight COVID season starts were a bit of a mixed bag, but I still expect him to be in the mix to be a starter in 2021, especially with the budget supposedly tightening up quite a bit.


Adolis Garcia didn't work out with the Cardinals, but he popped up again briefly this year to log a handful of hitless plate appearances with the Rangers. This one is a refractor, numbered to the usual 499 copies.

Thanks again to Colt!

2 comments :

  1. Usually I roll my eyes when a player shortens his signature but I can't say I blame Daniel Ponce DeLeon for skipping a couple letters lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but would you send cards to a Lakers fan? :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.