Thursday, December 10, 2020

A Thursday Night PWE Roundup


Cards from @Lost_Collector & @acrackedbat & more (& more!)

We're almost at the end of another week, but there's still time left to look at some more cards from small envelopes. First up is a much appreciated low-numbered Jim Edmonds card from The Diamond King. I know that every last card in Moments & Milestones was serial numbered, but I still think it's cool to get a copy of a card that only has twenty-eight of its kind out in the world somewhere. (Yeah, I know that there's presumably 29 copies of every black parallel that features this particular milestone, multiplied by the number of home runs Edmonds hit, but whatever. I like it.)


Next up are a few selections from the Pick Pockets of A Cracked Bat. If you haven't checked it out before, Pick Pockets is pretty much like Free Stuff Friday on steroids. I've seen so much good stuff there, like this custom Jim Grant card in the style of 1970 Topps from @wthballs.


I haven't really shown off (or acquired many) George Springer cards this year, because of, you know... the unpleasantness. It'll be interesting to see who he plays for next season. Someone asked awhile back if I was more or less inclined to drop him from my collection depending on if he changed teams, and I'm still not sure. Part of why I liked Springer was because I started following the Astros a bit. Just a bit, though.


Hey, any time you have a chance to snag a card from 1993 Topps Finest, you need to take that shot.


Also appearing in my mailbox back in October was another fine envelope from The Lost Collector. I'm always excited to pick up another Ducks card, especially in the Oregon uniform like Joey Harrington here. I hadn't seen this Sunday Soldiers insert before from a long lost Pacific release.


I think Panini Revolution is usually just a hobby only release, so I rarely see the cards. I can never tell one year's design from the next, though, as they're always full of sparkles and weird patterns. 


AJ also sent quite an oddball of a Big Mac card in the form of this Little League card that I assumed was handed out to actual Little Leaguers. Having been one of those kids before, I really wish I had been handed some free cards like this back in the day.


And here's a bonus one! I got this Greg Gross Kellogg's card from Johnny's Trading Spot awhile back as part of a consolation prize for completely failing to pay attention to one of his weekly games. I realized that I was really bad at that and figured it was all for the best if I decided to stop participating. As much as I like Kellogg's cards, I probably shouldn't collect them as there's plenty of competition. This will probably end up in someone's future plain white envelope of their own.

4 comments :

  1. I don't even remember sending that Edmonds. I'm definitely starting to lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually participate in the free card post, but I took Julie up when she offered a 1993 Finest Bob Welch. Just couldn't pass up that opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed! I thought the McGwire oddball was cool when I stumbled across it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Mudcat! And '93 Finest cards still feel special, I'm with you there.

    I'm waiting to see where Springer ends up, too. I traded a lot of the cards I had to Gavin a while back and haven't acquired many new Springer cards since.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.