Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Two Walkers

 

A quick look at a few @CrackinWax group break cards on a Wednesday night. #CrackinWaxMailDay 
 
I bought more cards. In theory, I feel like I've responded to the explosion of the trading card industry coupled with the uncertainty in the local (and personal) economy by purchasing less and standing on the sidelines. In practice, I'm still making frivolous purchases, especially when it comes to group breaks. In any case, I bought some more cards, knocked off some numbers on the endless want list, and found a couple of cool things.


The 2020 Panini Contenders set was one of the breaks for sale at Crackin' Wax. It's not great, but the chances are very slim that I'm going to accumulate much of these cards from people I tend to swap cards with. As you can see, I picked up a couple of inserts here, but the real catch was the signed card of the Cardinals top pick in the 2020 draft.


It's tough for me to stay away from Heritage breaks, so it's fortunate that this one turned out well for me as I was able to pick up a couple of Cardinals short prints from the 2019 Topps Heritage base set.


Harry Walker was born 84 years before Jordan Walker. This is a grey framed parallel from the 2018 Panini Diamond Kings set. I'm not sure what else to say. Baseball cards!

1 comment :

  1. Congratulations on getting that nice Yadi. If I were a TTM or IP autograph guy, I think I'd try to get players to sign their 2019 Heritage cards.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.