Monday, April 18, 2011

Minor League Cards, Major League Price

I'll admit it. I really like minor league cards. I like the idea of them, at least. I don't like them being hobby exclusive, or three dollars a pack for 8 cards that are no more or less "premium" than the regular Topps base set. I bought two packs recently after finally finding someone that actually sells them. One is here. Here's the other.

364 - Lars Anderson

380 - Su-Min Jung (The backs of the cards are quite similar to the base set, but there are no stats on the back to speak of. I really, really don't like this.)

384 - Cody Rogers (Cody Rogers could not be more pleased with his life.)

438 - Bruce Billings (Baseball Prospectus 2011 breaks from its usual tone of sarcasm and negativity to say this about Billings: "his low-90s fastball and solid slider proved effective in his new role [in the bullpen].")

TT9 - Jeremy Hellickson Tools of the Trade (Numerous people in numerous places told me to draft this guy, so I did. Let's hope those people were on to something.)

241 - Juan Carlos Sulbaran (DRAGONS! Huge GE logo! I love minor league baseball.)

293 - Robert Stock (Here's the token Cardinal prospect. Stock's stock dipped a bit last season according to Baseball Prospectus.)

222 - Tanner Scheppers (You know those people who say "yeppers!" when they are acknowledging in the affirmative? I don't like those people.)

1 comment :

  1. I love this set too, but really can't afford to bust packs/wax. I've gotten a lot of my singles via SportLots, and I've been using them for TTM since once the Big League season starts, successes are few and far between.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.