Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I'm Done with Series 2


No, I haven't completed collecting the 2013 Topps Series 2 set (as the title may imply), but I am putting my foot down and not buying any more packs. So far, I've purchased a rack pack, 5 loose Target packs, 3 loose hobby packs, 2 loose packs at Rite Aid and a blaster. Guess how many Cardinals I've pulled...


Here are just a few of the cards I pulled from the blaster I bought on Saturday. Pretty much everything I got from the box is available, and I pulled the usual pile of inserts and Target parallels if anyone is collecting the base cards, inserts or just stuff of of your favorite team(s)/player(s). Just let me know what you need.


This one is earmarked for Night Owl if he wants it. I don't often pull base card variations/short prints/whatevers, and there's a very good chance I would have overlooked this card's rarity if it wasn't for the fact that I'd already gone through the entire Series 2 checklist to see which Cardinals I need.


Big Papi will someday probably be the first player elected to the HOF primarily as a DH. In a sense, this will be disappointing to me, because it will overshadow the contributions of Edgar Martinez, who was a phenomenal hitter.


No Angels Pujols cards in my binders!


This is a great Rickey card. I like the older style A's jersey. It's hard for me to tell for some reason if this is actual an early photo or if he's just wearing more of a throwback design. Rickey did have four separate tours with Oakland, after all.


People seem to like Ripken. I guess when all is said and done that I like the Chasing History inserts the most out of the flagship set.


Finally, here's a nice looking half-full bleed (is that a term?) photo of the oft-injured Nationals third baseman.

Happy All-Star night, everyone. It would have been nice to see the Senior Circuit get more than 3 hits, though. Just like it would be nice if, out of all of those packs mentioned above, I had pulled more than 4 Cardinals cards. (Two Stan Musial inserts and two Joe Kelly base cards for those who are curious.) I am stopping with this madness because the checklist is just far too short on Cardinals to make it interesting to me, so I'd love to hear from any of you that have trade offers for me involving 2013 Cardinals cards. Please check the want list to see which ones I need.

4 comments :


  1. I've been working on a package for you. I'll check the list. And you're holding that in case NO wants it? He wants it. Good on you for pulling a Dodger "hit". I was beginning to think I was the only one who did that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the event that Greg already has that Kershaw variant, I was thinking he posted that he in fact DID, then please let me know if you're open to dealing that Kershaw. I'm sure I can find plenty of good Cardinals stuff for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sine you won't put Pujols Angels cards in your binder, is the red border card of him up for trade? If so, can I put my name down for it? I am working on another package of cards to send your way.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.