Thursday, July 11, 2013

Trading with The Dutch Card Guy


I pulled off my first international trade in awhile late this past spring when I swapped cards with The Dutch Card Guy. I sent over (wayyyy over) some Yankees and cards for his player collection, and I received some my-te-fine Cardinals cards in return.


This rare black bordered David Freese card is a thing a beauty, or at least as much as a baseball card can be one of those things. I really need to own more black bordered Topps parallels. I only have a few and they are really impressive.


I'm pretty lukewarm on the blaster manupatch cards, but this is an Ozzie card, so it's automatically amazing.


I can't even begin to talk about how awesome this card looks. It's has blinding streaks of light that don't begin to show up on a scan. If you don't own any of these Passing the Torch cards, you're really missing out on something special.


Speaking of something special, Adam Wainwright appears to be in the lead as far as NL Cy Young candidates go. He has a chance to go for victory #13 (for whatever that's worth) on Sunday, which means we won't be seeing much of him in the All-Star Game.


This deal wasn't exclusively Cardinals, however, as I received a nice chunk of Allen & Ginter cards to boot. Balut apparently involves boiling a fetus, which is somehow less disgusting than the other Culinary Curiosities card that I received. Betcha can't guess which one that was! (hint: maggots.)


I'm really not a fan of most of Ginter's sketch cards, or many sketch cards in general, but this isn't the worst thing I've ever seen. I don't know if they are part of the 2013 set or not, but I wouldn't miss them. It's nice to knock a couple more of these off my want list, however.

1 comment :

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.