Sunday, April 5, 2020

A PWE, In Order


A few cards from a longtime fellow blogger to pass the time. 

I've been trying to increase the flow of envelopes, small as they can be, full of cards to keep myself and hopefully others occupied with hobby-related things. It was nice, of course, to recently receive some cards in the popular PWE format from The Angels, In Order. There were a few Cardinals needs and a few set needs. Let's take a look.


I don't know how I missed out on this card when this set was first released, but it apparently wasn't the only base card I needed. I now just need card #217 from the 2018 Donruss set, which was one that Yadier Molina shared with Carlos Correa and Francisco Lindor. I also need countless numbers of parallels, of course, because Panini.


Despite not being heavily respected across the league and even internally, Dakota Hudson made it into the official record as a bona fide NL pitching leader. Cool!


Ah, those pesky retail exclusives. I nabbed another one! This is the black set from 2013 Heritage.


In the department of set needs were the first couple of 2007 Bowman Heritage acquisitions for me in quite awhile. I have no idea who Chuck Lofgren is. It sounds like the name of some sort of not-quite-famous actor.


The Mick! We don't see him in Topps products anymore, but I guess we were probably overexposed in the late '00s.


We end things with a sketch card of the newly crowned champ Ryan Zimmerman. I hated the way the NLCS went down as it reminded me an awful lot of the 2004 World Series, with the Cardinals suddenly completely punchless and useless after being anything but previously. It was cool to see the veteran Zimmerman get to win a ring, I suppose.

2 comments :

  1. Seems PWEs are the way to go these days! Glad you liked the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solid PWE! When I read the last name Lofgren, I think politician. And before the late 00's... Topps overexposed Mantle back in 1996. I still discover those reprints every now and then. Last... but not least... I was glad to see Zimmerman finally win a ring too. I wonder when they'll actually receive them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.