Monday, June 15, 2020

That's the Breaks!


Another fun batch of @bgmartin76 group break goods. 

I don't really use Facebook these days outside of a few groups that I'm, one being an excellent card breaking group that I've mentioned here before. The costs are kept very low by allowing you to have the cards shipped together whenever you want, rather than having to pay for shipping for each individual break. I had let a decent stack of Blazers and Cardinals cards pile up and decided to request a shipment recently.


Panini Revolution is crazy, so it's hard to tell that this is a special green parallel that's numbered to only 88 copies. These were pulled from a Chinese New Year box, which means many of the cards are their own special parallels (same pattern, but the red foil instead of green, I believe.)


Rookies (and LeBron and Jordan) seem to be the only thing basketball card collectors care about, so it's always nice to add another Nassir Little card to my collection. There are a ton of basketball breakers out there who won't even ship base cards of non-rookies, which is a weird concept to me.


I finally finished off a 2017-18 Donruss team set, and with it came this chunky style CJ McCollum jersey.


Swapping over to baseball, any time I see a spot in a Heritage break that's open, I am going to try to snag it. I did pretty well with the Cardinals here, as I wound up with two purple-ish refractors.


Purple(ish) Tyler.


And here's regular refractor Tyler. This one is numbered to 599.


2013 Select has been a popular thing to break lately, most likely because it's affordable -- unlike the 2020 stuff. I have all of the non-short printed team by now, but was happy to snag this Yadi insert. Good stuff all around.

3 comments :

  1. I think I was in that same Heritage break that you were in (Crackin' Wax). You did way better than I did, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually like crazy off-the-wall shiny things, but there's something about that Revolution set that just isn't clicking for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet looking cards. The Yadi is really nice.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.