Monday, February 22, 2010

A Barrel Full of Cardinals

(Or is that barrelful?) Here's another trade post from a frequent trader: Ed from Roll Out the Barrel. This wasn't really a trade for anything specific that I recall, but I did recently send him a stack of Brewers and stuff from his want lists.

While everyone seems to be stressing out about what the Cardinals will do at 3rd base should fairly green David Freese prove to be ineffective, I am a bit more concerned about who will be the 5th starter this season, how soon Kyle Lohse will be bounce back and be effective and if Brad Penny will be even somewhat competent. Yikes.

I love this card! This is my first Maris Cardinals card, and I definitely plan on it not being my last.

I do have to say that I miss the Baseball Heroes set. I like all of the rainbowy parallel cards for some reason. I would hope that it made a comeback this season if it wasn't for the fact that there's no way Upper Deck could do a baseball set the right way anymore. I'm not sure what color of the rainbow this is supposed to be. Light Brown? Bran Flake? Raked Leaves?

I love Topps gold cards. I don't know why. I am really not impressed by gold foil and I think gold as a color usually looks bad. Something about their marbled/sparkly borders usually make these look nice for whatever reason. Hopefully Spiezio is able to bounce back from the off-the-field issues that plagued him at the end of his Cardinals career.

I finally bought my first pack of 2009 Upper Deck X not too long ago. I have been hoping blasters would eventually show up with 50% off tags like last year's stuff, but I haven't seen it yet. The Xpontential inserts are pretty nice once again for a cheap set.

Here's a long-coveted Dmitri Young from the 2008 Topps 50th Anniversary All-Rookie Team insert set. I've been considering collecting the entire insert set (which means I'd need another one of these) and have so far held onto whatever inserts I've accumulated from it.

No, this isn't a 2010 Turkey Red insert. Ed also sent a few of the 2007s, including the last non-short printed card I needed (Mariano Rivera) and two SPs. I still need a ton more, so if any of you has any of this stuff laying around, I would love to hear from you.

Finally, with this Jason Bay card I'm down to needing just 7 cards from the 2008 Allen & Ginter set. I really need to make finishing off these older sets a priority. In fact, there's an upcoming set that I will not even name that I'm planning on not collecting for once... at least, initially.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.