Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Phased Out Cardinals from Section 36

Thanks to a hot tip from a loyal reader, I discovered a blog about a certain team from a certain area in New England called Section 36, which happened to be phasing out 10 year old cards that were no longer serving their purpose. Fortunately for me, no one had claimed any of the Cardinals cards up for grabs. In fact, I have very few cards from this year, so it worked out well all around.

Will Clark went out on top, and by "on top" I mean as a Cardinal. That ridiculous 1.081 OPS in his brief Cardinals stint certainly helped. It actually left a lot of people scratching their heads when he retired following the end of the 2000 season, but perhaps he knew a certain Dominican legend-to-be was on his way to man first base at Busch for the better part of the decade.

Cool card. I wonder if there's anything like this in the 60th Anniversary Topps flagship set. Wait... no I don't. Don't tell me.

Rick Ankiel the Pitcher. So great, and yet so tragic...

Here's yet another thing that Topps should bring back, but will never bring back. There are quite a few cards in the vintage Topps past that could still benefit from the Topps Archives treatment. Personally, I'm getting a little tired of the same group of 20 or so "legends" that Topps keeps trotting out, especially when photos of many of those players are scarce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.