Tuesday, September 18, 2012

All the Stadium Clubs


Cardboard Collections hosted a massive mid-'90s Stadium Club group break back in August, and I was able to fill some needs in my Cardinals binders. Colbey is taking a bit of time off from the monthly Affordable Group Breaks, but here's to hoping to a speedy return.


Rich is rich with golden rainbow parallel cash right here. There is nothing more '90s than the 1994 Stadium Club set design. Every time I look at these I feel like I'm watching a vintage episode of the Real World, only with baseball players.


There are some weird color variations with the Extreme Corps cards (and the TransActions) in the 1995 set. I don't quite have it figured out.


Again, this just screams '90s. It's great, in a Teenage Fanclub sort of way, I guess.


Comin' at ya... Lee Arthur Smith.


Here's a Virtual Reality parallel of the criminally underrated Bob Tewksbury. I was a fan of his long before he joined the Cards for reasons that I can't really explain.


Todd Zeile on an old school cell phone? Todd Zeile on an old school cell phone! This is some sort of Extreme (or is that Xtreme?) insert card that has a bunch of contest rules on the back. I think I was randomly selected to receive this card as I was light on inserts/hits/whatever.


Finally, as is often the case, Colbey was kind enough to throw in some extra cards suited to my tastes. I needed this one for my team set. I really need to buy and open some more O-Pee-Chee.

1 comment :

  1. Bob Tewksbury IS awesome! He made a stop in San Diego and I remember that he once threw a curveball that was clocked at a scorching 49 mph. In a game! Who does that? Bob does.

    BTW, Rich Batchelor sounds like a guy that every gold-digger would be chasing after. He doesn't LOOK the part, but he's got the name down.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.