Monday, January 13, 2014

Collect tha Police


More oddball Cardinals cards. I like it.

Joltin' Joe Average Card Collector sent me another package recently, which contained some additions to my Cardinals Police card lexicon. I covered the various Police set cards I'd received lately in great length (seriously worth checking out! I even used a jump.) back in October, but it was nice to get ahold of a few cards from years that I hadn't yet seen.


I'm thinking that 2000 isn't the year of my favorite design... of anything, really. People were really obsessed with the futuristic Y2K impending doom look back then.


There were more oddballs in the package besides the regionally issued Kansas City Life police cards. This is my first Drake's Big Hitters card from the 1982 set.


I also own very few TCMA cards, so this Terry Moore card from 1983 was another welcome addition. Moore was a 4-time All-Star and 2-time World Series winner, but played a couple of generations before my time.


Finally, what trade post would be complete without a Blazers card? This Rod Strickland Electric Court parallel reminds me that I really need to put some extra work into my Blazers collection. The team this year has been very exciting, and seems to be on track to be a playoff contender for the first time in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.