Thursday, January 30, 2014

No Time, Some Hope


No time for new Topps when there are trades to document.

Dennis from Too Many Verlanders sent me a bunch of cards for a bunch of other cards as these transactions usually play out. If I'm not mistaken, this may well be the last trade package I received in 2013 that I haven't written about, so it's almost like I'm sort of caught up! Maybe.


Dennis hit up a number of my player collections, and was able to find several Jim Edmonds cards that I hadn't seen before. This one is weird, however. There's probably some sort of weird post-photography digital madness going on her to make this look more like a vintage Bowman card instead of something from 2002, but this definitely does not look like Jim Edmonds. It could be Jimmy, and it probably is Jimmy, but he looks very weird here.


Speaking of weird, we travel back in time to take a look at Matt Holliday as a fresh-out-of-college kid. This is the International parallel of his Bowman rookie card, which is another nice addition to my collection. This is the time to once again point out that anyone that I have a player collection of includes their years spent in other uniforms. I think this is a fairly normal thing, but I know some people have exceptions. In other words, since I don't have Albert Pujols listed as one of my "PC" guys, that means I don't want his Angels cards. I also don't want his Yankees cards after he gets released in a cost-cutting move and New York takes on a portion of his salary.


Oh, hi there, Ozzie! I guess I didn't realize/remember that the Topps All-Star Glossy Send-Ins lasted beyond the '80s and extended into the early '90s.


Finally, about half of the package of cards was comprised of Oregon Ducks football guys, which is great. I cannot get enough of those cards. Many of them go into the pot of cards to be used in future Good Luck Ducks posts, but the crown jewel of the deal cannot be ignored. This is a great looking jersey card, and had Joey's NFL career turned out a bit differently, it might have also been an expensive one. This is probably the time to say that if you're into football cards and you have a bunch of clunker hits lying around of guys like Harrington or Kellen Clemens or A.J. Feeley, I'm the guy you need to talk to if you want to get rid of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.