Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Contest, Some Odds, Some Sods


There's a mega contest. Some cards from a trade post. And, hey, look -- my Chris Carpenter list is finally live.

First things first this evening: Red Cardboard, an ardent supporter of a team I cannot support, is holding a pretty massive spring cleaning style contest. I'm planning on doing a bit of spring cleaning of my own, but it probably won't result in anything that would be worth holding a contest over. Anyway, the gist is that you can get a bunch of free cards while doing relatively nothing, so get on over there! There's vintagey stuff and shiny stuff. Both kinds.


Meanwhile, buckstorecards sent me a few gems from across the border, hitting up several different teams of interest to me. I'm a big Oregon Ducks fan, though you typically only hear about it hear during football season. I have so much unscanned Ducks that I should probably cave in and show off a few of these things every once in awhile. Clemens is still in the league, having signed with the Chargers after spending the last three seasons in St. Louis.


I also got a number of 1988 Leaf/Donruss cards that appear to be in pack fresh form. Many of my cards from 1986 through 1988 suffer from a bit of wear, so I bet several of them will end up in my binders. Lance Johnson had some productive years with the White Sox after getting just a taste of the sweet, sweet Cardinal red. He actually randomly made an All-Star team once, but it was after he was out of Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.