Thursday, June 5, 2014

Listia's Usefulness


Also, it's free, of course.

Listia isn't immensely popular in the real of trading cards, but it has a number of dedicated users. I know they exist because I see some of the same names pop up on bids on my cards with high frequency. It's kind of a ridiculous place to look for or "sell" anything of significant value, but it continues to hold my interest because of auctions like the most recent two that I won.

I spent credits on a Cardinals pocket schedule from this season. Sure, this is a freebie all over Missouri and I'm guessing a few other regions, but I don't get my chance to grab stuff like this unless a kind fan of the blog who happens to be from the area lends me a helping hand. I like pocket schedules, but I wouldn't say I'm a collector. I tend to throw these in my Cardinals binders even though they're all lopsided and puffy and weird.


I never thought I'd fine a virtually pristine Willie McGee O-Pee-Chee (!) rookie card on the site for next to nothing, however. This is the sort of random win that keeps me coming back to the site. It was poorly listed as the auction owner determined that this card was from 1986 for some reason, so it's possible that it helped. In any case, this immediately becomes one of the best cards in my collection. I actually need a ton of 1983 O-Pee-Chee cards for some reason, but it's nice to get the Willie rookie out of the way.

2 comments :

  1. I maybe find a few things a month worth bidding on, but just like you, it's the occasional cool card that keeps me coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been doing a lot of trading on Listia I have scored some excellent cards, the best being an Ernie Banks/Derrek Lee relic card.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.