Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A Fantastic Rack Pack


I didn't even have to use my A.K.

I was having a pretty lousy Monday (yesterday) when I stopped at the Rite Aid for some cans of soup and some beverages. Rite Aid is a pretty sad place to look for cards, but there happened to be a couple of 2014 Topps Series 2 rack packs on one of the endcaps, calling my name. I picked up one because I'm a sucker. It turned out pretty well.


I actually got a card for my collection, for starters. I am actually missing a ton of Cardinals inserts from Series 1 and Series 2 as well as a good chunk of the Update Series team set.


Not that it doesn't clash with everything, because it does, but the "red hot foil" really superclashes with this guy's camo uniform.


Hey, a rookie card of the Rookie of the Year. I can't complain about that.


It gets better, though! A camo parallel of an actual star player? Hard to believe for a pack that could and probably would have sat on a drug store rack all winter until some employee accidentally knocked it on the ground and swept it up with whatever debris people tend to leave on the floor of drug stores.


And here's one of those SABR variations I've been hearing so much about. BABIP Away!


Yeaaaahhhh!

8 comments :

  1. Nice! Congrats on multiple hits in one pack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's one helluva rack pack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the Puig is available, I'd be happy to trade for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pack. The Puig was a really nice pull!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice pack. That green Tanaka is a beaut. I wish my local Rite Aid had cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Rite-Aids have cards. I often buy them. I'm sure I'm the only one because they're always dust covered.

    Never bought one like that though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen cards in Rite Aid. Where is this endcap??

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.