Thursday, February 18, 2016

Abject Failure


Luck runs out, especially when you buy Bowman Chrome. 

I've been on a bit of a hot streak lately with my meager card purchases and I've also been on a bit of a Chrome kick. After I ran across a blaster of 2012 Bowman Chrome at a reasonably reduced rate, I took the plunge on something I ordinarily avoid. It wasn't great.


Apparently, the X-Fractors in this set are the retail bonus, as my unmarked bonus pack just contained these blocky weirdos. Alen Hanson's prospect ratings appear to be falling rather than rising, but this may make a Pirate fan happy at some point.


Dan Haren, former Cardinals prospect who was born in the '80s is actually retired now. This makes me feel really old. He is the owner of perhaps the most self-aware Twitter account in pro sports.


This might have been the best card in the bunch, although I'm not sure how many Wei-Yin Chen supercollectors there are.


This one is a regular refractor from one of the regular packs.


Neither of these two stuck around the Rangers, though Hamilton came crawling back last season.


Another refractor. He was kind of a punk.


I actually managed to pull two Cardinals, which is kind of a lot for a product with 3 cards per pack. I know this card well.


I am pretty sure I have a half dozen of these. Mateo was with the Cardinals organization until 2014 and passed through 3 organizations last season.

Anyway, I mostly bought this to add to my trade fodder after getting hooked up with a big mailing list of trade partners. Hopefully I will do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.