Sunday, February 21, 2016

Basketball Club Renewal


If you like NBA cards, read this. 

I made some updates to my Guilt-Free Basketball Card Club today, cleaning up the list a little bit by purging a few people I've lost contact with and adding some folks from the Super Traders list. In a nutshell, this completely free to join list gives me a chance to offload basketball cards to people any time I decide to put some money down on some packs. I like the NBA, and I like opening packs and looking at cards. But in the end, I only want the Blazers cards (and Ducks alums.)

If you're interested, all I ask is that you send me an email with your current mailing address and consider sending me a card or two somewhere down the road if you have anything you think I'd be interested in. I don't keep tabs on people; there's no Karma Points system. If you are on the list and want to be removed or make any changes, let me know as well. If you used to be on the list and aren't any longer, drop me a line!

And now, here's a bunch of cards that I will be getting rid of (with some exceptions).


I've fallen hard for the latest Panini Prizm set. The cards just look really nice. After scoring a jumbo rack pack of packs (or whatever those things are supposed to be called) last month, I went in for a discounted $15 blaster at the most recent card show.


There are refractors ("Prizms") and colored Prizms and they also make parallels of the inserts, just to confuse everyone. This is a Fireworks Prizm. Or a Prizm Fireworks.


Just regular old Fireworks here.


I don't think this is an insert card or anything, but I have a serious question that I wanted to ask. How is it that no one has claimed Steph Curry? Or his defending champion Warriors team? Is it because the Blazers thoroughly embarrassed them the other night? No one wants to step up? I guess I can send all of his cards to COMC or something. (I don't actually have massive piles of Curry cards. I tend to exaggerate.)


Marketing staffers spend hours and hours in meetings coming up with new names for insert concepts. Emergent.


It turns out that the Orange Prizms don't scan well, at least when I try it.


Elfrid's wild hair is not well seen on this card.


I have to confess that I never liked Isiah Thomas at all.


I believe I ended up with 3 different Jimmy Butler cards in this box. The green Prizms scan nicely.


Dirk! In one of those laughably terrible 2015 All-Star jerseys.


And here's just a plain old Prizm.


I also bought a blaster of Panini Complete, this year's super low budget offering. I have to say that I really like these cards, despite how thin they are. Something about the matte finish and low price point usually works for me. These are reminiscent of some mid-'90s Fleer baseball sets.


There are both Home and Away jersey-based inserts, with the Away (I believe) being the rarer of the two.


There are two parallel versions to collect, silver (one per pack) and gold (1:36 packs I think?) Mo is wearing a big man number.


Kristaps! People seem to like this guy.

And now for the cards that you don't get to have...


Here's my first card of former Duck Joe Young. He almost single-handedly willed Oregon to the big tournament last season.


Mason "Not Miles" Plumlee, our starting center here in Portland. He's been fun to watch.


Here's two versions of CJ McCollum's card.


With the complete roster overhaul this past offseason, Meyers Leonard is now (along with Damian Lillard) the longest tenured Blazer. This is weird to think about.

4 comments :

  1. I don't collect Basketball cards but I like the Hawks and won't say no to there cards/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be dropping some guilt-free Trail Blazers (and Cardinals) your way on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't mention it on the Supertraders list but I do like the Mavs and players in Team USA jerseys. I sorted 3000 cards this weekend and did find a good stack of Trailblazers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fan of Steph Curry and my team of choice is the Pistons.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.