Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Basketball Cards for You (and Me)


Time to renew your free membership for free cards. 

It's been awhile since I've taken a look at the list of Guilt-Free Basketball Card Club members. I have scores and scores of cards to send out to people and am planning on a pretty serious purge of any unclaimed teams or players in the near future. If I haven't heard from you in awhile, please contact me and let me know if you want some basketball cards for pretty much nothing (that's why it's "Guilt Free"). All I ask is that if you run across some Blazers cards you think I might like, or really anything else from any of my collecting interests, just keep me in mind. No strict trades, no details, no guilt.

Please also let me know if you've signed up before and are interested in other players/teams not listed or are no longer interested in certain things. Just visit the page, and let me know.

Here are some members who I am considering for deletion if I don't hear from soon. It's not that you've been bad, I just haven't heard from you in a long time or don't have your mailing address (that last bit eventually becomes important.)


  • Catching Up With Collecting (Ryan H)
  • Henry M
  • View From The Skybox
  • Mariner1
  • Potch (Darren W)



Here's just one example of a card that would get sent to the Great Auction Site in The Sky if no one signed up for the Warriors (seriously, no one likes the team that won 2 out of the last 3 championships?)

One Basketball Card Club member in great standing is Twitch, who is responsible for sending me the sweet CJ rookie jersey card and many other great cards of late. Let's take a look at what else he sent recently.


Hey, it's an original sketch from the man himself. Nic Batum was one of my favorite Blazers, so much that he was the first player of any sport whose shersey I decided to purchase. (50% Adidas employee store discounts help.) I still wear it on occasion, especially during basketball season/


Twitch sent Cards cards, and since this is a Cards blog first and foremost you were probably expecting that. Someone at Panini who gets to crop old photos and digitally remove logos really needs to do a Reddit AMA one of these days.


The Matt Carpenter backlash this year has been tremendous, and tremendously stupid. No, he isn't having an All-Star season at the plate like he usually does. Yes, all those walks are good for him. You'd think with all of the progress we've made as baseball fans with advanced stats and whatnot, no one would be overlooking Carpenter's contributions in getting on base with frequency despite not taking bases with contact as often as normal.


The once and current Cardinals closer: now in pink flavor!


Twitch also remembered that I like the Eagles, which is something that comes up on occasion. Brent Celek is one of my favorite Eagles. He's one of the only links to the Donovan McNabb era and he's an old school fundamentals-over-athletics tight end that just happens to have caught a ton of passes in his career. He's a great "bail me out" option in the passing game, which just so happens to be my go to move in every football video game I've ever played.


Shady, from a Panini Black Friday promo, numbered to just 25. I think this is some sort of "Black Ice" card?


Finally, it's Press Proof Rated Rookie parallel of new and current QB Carson Wentz. If things go the way of the hype train for Wentz, this card could be worth a pretty good chunk of change. On the other hand, it could also end up as exciting as a Bobby Hoying rookie Press Proof card. I suppose we'll wait and see.

5 comments :

  1. I still love the Rockets, even though they disappoint me on the regular. I know I owe you at least one package.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't mind me having two teams I'll claim the Warriors (and anyone else you may want to send me) as I collect the entire NBA. I have not brought in much new lately because I've been doing more with the NHL but I have a small stack of blazers set aside for you. Nothing spectacular but covering from the 80s to today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though their on-court product is vomit-worthy, I'd appreciate staying on the Knicks list of recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still into the Wizards. I'm sure I owe you some Blazers. I owe several people cards from various commitments from the last year or two (maybe more in some cases) that I need to make right. Need to look for mailing addresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always up for more basketball cards. I'm in the middle of a move, so it might be a bit before I can send some reciprocal Blazers. My player collections are still the same. Definitely send any Gobert cards. He had a helluva season! I'll shoot you an email with my new address.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.