Thursday, October 24, 2019

Too Many Cards


Send help! 

I'm showing off another trade package courtesy of @forgotaboutblay (that's Dennis of Too Many Verlanders / Manninghams if you're not Twitter-inclined.) The note that was sent along with the cards said "Have a great summer!" which just goes to show long I've been hanging on to some of these cards.

I am buried in cards. If you get a bunch of cards from me out of the blue, it's because I'm trying to see my desk again. I forgot what it looks like.

Anyway, let's take a look at a few of the things I got back in June.


It was a bit of a surprise to me that I didn't already own this Yadi parallel from the 2011 Opening Day set, but I get these mixed up a lot with the Walmart blue parallels that debuted in the flagship set around this same time. It's always nice to get a numbered Molina card.


The foilboard era cards usually don't scan very well, but I think this made it through okay. I should see what other scanner options are out there, now that I've been doing this for more than a decade. I just loathe shopping for hardware for some reason.


Here's another numbered card (are you sensing a theme here?) Kolten Wong didn't have the best playoff run, but he certainly wasn't alone among Redbirds in this area. He was announced as a finalist (i.e. finished in the top 3 at his position) for a Gold Glove Award today along with several of his teammates. Hopefully he can build on what he did this season and bring it up yet another level next season.


Dennis likes to send me Ducks cards (yes!) but I'll often save them for game days. One of the ones he sent with this package is on deck for this Saturday's post. Instead, let's check out this crazy huge jumbo swatch card of Joe Young, who starred with the Ducks hoops team earlier this decade and played a few seasons for the Pacers before heading to China to play professionally. I like that there's a a bit of a wrinkle in the uniform. The more that I stare about something like this, however, the weirder it gets to think about how I'm admiring some random chunk of some dude's work clothes.

Sports cards are weird. Help me get rid of some of them if you've got some time.

2 comments :

  1. Haha I'd forgotten about this package. The note in the newer one wishes your Cardinals well, so that didn't age very well unfortunately! At least your Ducks are doing fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being able to see one's desktop is very overrated.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.