Friday, February 4, 2022

Free Buybacks


Free to a good home. 
 
I recently went through my set collections and took stock of certain rarer cards that I had accumulated. I trimmed up the want lists a bit and added some things to the lists that hadn't appeared before, including all of the buyback cards from the various Topps Heritage sets over the years. I don't have a ton of them and am certainly not making a point of looking for more, but I felt it was worth documenting.

I did decide that I have absolutely no interest in Allen & Ginter buybacks. If these were buybacks of original Allen & Ginter cards, I'd obviously think about this differently. However, for the tenth anniversary of the Topps revival of the Allen & Ginter brand, they stamped up a bunch of A&G cards from the previous 9 years. Buybacks of cards that were released in the past couple of decades are just not interesting to me if they aren't part of my team collection, so I'd like to offer them up to my readers.

This isn't an official "Free Stuff Friday", but the usual rules apply. Feel free to claim a card in the comments. Basically, if I haven't sent anything to you in the past (i.e. I don't have your address), then I'd like you to consider sending me something at some point in the future. That's really the only rule.

8 comments :

  1. I'd be happy to take the Zack Greinke off your hands if it is still available. Buybacks of A&G definitely seem very strange indeed, though.

    My address is the same from the last time we traded, although it's been a while, so I can resend it if need be. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all yours. I'll probably have a few other things to send along with it.

      Delete
  2. May I claim the Renteria card, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I claim the Snider, please? I think I have a few cards to send your way. One Ozzie and one Carpenter come to mind. And yeah, I guess that defeats the purpose of "free" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all yours! I'll look for a few things to send along with it.

      Delete
  4. I could take that Williams if no one wants it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.