Monday, February 9, 2009

Merry Christmas to Me

It's not too late to talk about Christmas, is it? It feels like Christmas in my household, since I finally broke down and bought myself a scanning device. It's pretty amusing, actually, that it took me this long to get one considering the line of work I'm in. I work at a company that scans hundreds of thousands of documents every day. But that's not what I'm here to talk about, not now or ever. I'm here to talk about the cards that my girlfriend gave me for Christmas.

First up is a 2007 Topps Finest Jim Edmonds Refractor. There's a lot of dead white space on the card, but it looks really nice, especially in the light (as most refractors tend to do.) It's a great addition to my Edmonds (and Cardinals) collection.

Here's a 2007 Bowman X-Fractor of Edmonds. I'm still working on the scanner settings, of course, but from what I gather there really isn't a good way to scan these cards. It's probably a bit like scanning Sportflics. This card is numbered 108/250 and immediately becomes one of my best Edmonds cards. Keep in mind, I don't really have a lot of fancy autographs or anything.

This is a mini from the 2003 Topps 205 set. I don't really know anything about the set at all, except from a few cards I've grabbed from the 10 cent bins at card shows. This one has a Piedmont back.

Not that I would judge these gifts by their "book value", but I think this Allen & Ginter mini was the hardest to get/most expensive of the lot. Why is that, you ask? Because it has no number on the back. What a silly idea for a variation, but hey, I love that I own this card.

Finally, there's a grey jersey card of the Wizard, my all-time favorite player. It's numbered 39/50, and it's from this past year's SP Legendary Cuts set. I didn't hear a lot of great things about this set, but this is a really nice relic card if you ask me.

If anyone out there has any Ozzie Smith or Jim Edmonds stuff you don't mind parting with, by all means, send me an e-mail. In the meantime, I'm going to work on getting Erin's wants on my want list page so I can help bolster her collection as well.

1 comment :

  1. Congrats on the scanner! The cards look very cool!! In the meantime, I'll see which Edmonds/Smith cards I have and build ya a gift-pack!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.