Friday, February 20, 2009

Showing Off: Scott Rolen Edition

This one is going to be all about the Scott Rolen portion of the eBay lots I won awhile back. I've already weeded out all of the non-Cardinals cards of the lot I won except the last card in this post, which will be rather self-explanatory. If there are any Scott Rolen player collectors out there, let me know, because I have a few extras now.

I'm assuming the Play Ball set is some sort of retro/vintage effort from Upper Deck. It looks pretty cool (better than the scan, anyway) with a painted picture of Rolen, some blue sky, fluffy clouds, and a stadium light fixture that itself is apparently tall enough to reach that sky.

I really like Turkey Red. If I had a lot of money, I would try and collect every set. For now, I'm going to concentrate on finishing the 2007 set and then hopefully work on the 2009 insert set. After that, maybe I'll take a look at the 2005 and 2006s. I'll still gladly accept any of them from any year in trade, though.

I really like the 2003 Topps base set as well. I think it's because it's a really blue color that I like. If I go after a base set, it might be second in line (after 1993 Upper Deck.) I really like 2009 Topps, too, but I don't want to think about that.

This card is crazy! It's opaque. It's plastic (I think?) You can see the stats bleeding through from the back because of the scan. I need more of these things. Beckett tells me it's from 2007 Upper Deck Elements.


I also really like the Diamond Kings set from this season. The cards just have a really awesome finish to them. One of the cards is black & white - some sort of parallel, no doubt.

This is just a simple Bowman Chrome card from 2005. For some reason, Rolen is posed like one of the prospects that will never crack AA that Bowman typically has in its sets.

Here's the lone Rolen non-Cardinals card that satisfied my stringent Team Collector Demands. Of course, it has nothing to do with him - it's that Chris Haas (who?) guy over to his left. It's fun to see Scott Spiezio on this card as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.