Monday, February 20, 2012

30 Teams in 30 Posts: #10

We've reached the upper crust, if you will, of the countdown that I started a long, long time ago. If this has convinced me of anything, it's that I probably should never attempt anything that involves as many as 30 posts here again. So much for ambition, right?

This is one team that may not end up in my top ten by the time this season gets going. You have to hand it to the Angels for stepping up and throwing down the requisite amount of cash to land the big time free agent first baseman that they did. I would be really nervous, however, if the Angels were my team after they committed so much of their payroll for such a long period of time to just one player.

Favorite current Angels player: Dan Haren. I hold no ill will towards the ex-Cardinal Haren and I even think the Mulder trade was the right move at the time, depending of course on how much the front office knew about Mulder's physical condition. Let's just hope that his steep downfall was more of the "shock" variety than some cynical fans believe.

Least favorite current Angels player: N/A. I'm just going to leave this one alone for now.

Favorite Angels player of all-time: Jim Edmonds. Sure, Edmonds played for a lot of other teams besides my Cardinals, but he came up through the Angels organization and spent all of his '90s seasons with them.

Least favorite Angels player of all-time: Francisco Rodriguez. He's kind of a jerk, if you haven't heard. His jerkish ways probably hadn't become public knowledge until after he left the Angels, but that doesn't make me any more of a fan.

The Los Angels Angels of Sunny Southern California exist at #10 in my reverse-ranking of favorite teams as of the moment I picked them a long, long time ago on October 4th, 2010. All of these cards are very much up for trade, so please contact me if you're interested.

2 comments :

  1. It took me a while, but I finally figured out the reason for the "N/A". Yeah, that must still sting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally the Angels! I definately have an interest in that purple Napoli.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.