Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Night Moves

Sure, the St. Louis Cardinals may have won the 2011 World Series, but did you know that they also won the 1985 National League Championship Series? I know that Night Owl Cards did, and it also means he wanted to get this sticker the hell out of his house seeing as how these guys with the red and blue stripes defeated his own team that season. Though that year was best known for the botched Don Denkinger call, I do have fond memories of the Dodgers being laid to waste on the path to World Series heartbreak.

Other cards were sent as well, including a nice clump of Allen & Ginter goodness and some Cardinal radness. Here's a few...

Boog Vomitfractor! I am planning on being a Brendan Ryan Supercollector (if those things still happen to exist) but I've been too lazy to add him to the sidebar. He's a character.

This is some sort of clothy stickery like card from the 2011 Topps Lineage set, from what I gather. I never bought a single pack of this stuff because I thought the base design was beyond terrible, but I've noticed that they have some intriguing inserts and parallels. It's too bad how a cruddy base look can ruin things, for me at least.

I guess the only reason I'm posting this is because it's a gold parallel. I like the gold! I am a weak man.

I have high hopes for Lance Lynn after his impressive relief appearances and interesting starts last season. The Cards are so pitching rich right now that they couldn't even find room for Roy Oswalt, which just sounds ridiculous. That's not to say that a healthy Oswalt isn't leaps and bounds better than Jake Westbrook and Kyle Lohse, but at the salary he's likely looking for I can see why it didn't make much sense.

My scanner absolutely hates black bordered minis, so I consider it a minor victory that this image came out only slightly skewed and showing its border around the entire card. Matt Holliday becomes the de facto best hitter on the team in this year's version of the Cardinals, but I'm pretty okay with that. Yeesh, just look at a team like the A's or the Mariners...

Oh, the Ginter Code! If no one cracks the code, does that mean that there will be no 2012 set? That actually might be a good thing if you ask me. I am having trouble completing these things. I now have two of these Jaime Garcia code parallels, which is good, but I don't have 2 (or even 1) of the base version, which is not so good.

Chordates! Er... I've got nothin'.

3 comments :

  1. Yup, it's been cracked.

    http://noitulosedocretnig1102.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy... it looks like it happened less than a week ago? Stupid code. I seriously wanted to hit the guy on the code ad cards in the face.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.