Sunday, June 17, 2012

Group Break Results In Four Cards


Cardboard Collections holds a lot of group breaks, and some of them are rather affordable. Those are the kind that I prefer. One such break was held back in April where I had the opportunity to snag some 1996 Finest cards, some 2004 Fleer Platinum, and some Pacific Invincible cards. There were also some junk wax era cards to round out the lot. In addition to the Cardinals, I also had Padres cards which I will be sending along to another blogger. Here's a few of the Cardinals cards.


I wish retro uniforms were utilized a little more often by the Cardinals. I know they are pretty traditional as a franchise with keeping things clean and simple, but I like a lot of their older unis, aside from those polyester road greys from the late '80s/early '90s that bridged the gap between the powder blues and what you see on the field today.


Someday I may have to go back and collect all of the Fleer All-Star Team sets. I remember these being (or at least seeming) really difficult to pull when I first started collecting as a kid in 1986. I would love to open a box of Fleer '86, come to think of it. I wonder how affordable that would be, now that the luster of grand fortunes made off of Jose Canseco/Eric Plunk rookie cards is long gone.


All I can think of is the Pat Benetar "Invincible" song now. Great. Now it's stuck in my head.

1 comment :

  1. I agree with you on the retro unis, and I was glad to see a decent spread of them in Topps S1 this year.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.