Friday, June 15, 2012

I Wasn't Prepared For This


I'm not sure how long 2012 Bowman has been out, and I guess I don't really care. I picked up a pack on a whim, even though it cost me $2.99, because I hadn't made any retail purchases in quite a long time and a little curiosity bug bit me. What I didn't expect is to see what is, quite possibly, my favorite Bowman design of the modern era - or at least for as long as I care to remember. I'm not saying that I'm going to go full blown nuts and try to collect this beast, but I am liking what I have seen so far.

Here's the pack in full:


149 - Evan Longoria (Longoria is still looking to rebound from his worst season in MLB and an injury that cost him some time.)


182 - Prince Fielder (This is the first Tigers Prince Fielder card as far as I'm concerned. I'm actually starting to detest Photoshopped cards more than anything else right now.)


BCP12 - Rafael Ortega Chrome Prospects (Ortega was a free agent signee out of Venezuela. So... when is this international draft we've all been hearing about supposed to happen?)


BCP11 - Philip Wunderlich Chrome Prospects (Any relation to that quiz they give new pro football players?)


155 - Ben Zobrist Gold (These are skinny this year. Sometimes they are thick.)


45 - Adam Jones International (That's what these are, right? International?)


BP108 - Luis Angel Sanz Prospects (Another free agent signee from Venezuela.)


BP96 - Greg Billo Prospects (Ladies and gentlemen, the 835th pick of the 2008 MLB Draft!)


111 - Ricky Romero


193 - Yoenis Cespedes (When Cespedes was signed for 36 million dollars by Billy Beane's A's, I think some heads exploded. Are his cards collectible? If so, can I interest you in some other Oakland cards I've been unintentionally hoarding? Pretty please?)

1 comment :

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.