Wednesday, January 30, 2013

This Way to the Hardcourt


Before I opened up the Basketball Card Club officially for business, I made a deal with Mark Kaz of This Way to the Clubhouse. I sent him all of my Celtics cards plus a few baseball things and he was kind enough to send me a package as well. I was able to cross off a bunch more cards off my 2012 Heritage list and Mark even threw in a stack of Blazers to boot.


I'm a sucker for retail parallels, but I'm very much on the verge of abandoning the idea of ever collecting the rare variation cards in any of these sets. I have a few - at least one from 2012 and several from 2009 I believe. I'm finally coming to the realization that the headache is probably not worth it for someone who is trying to work on so many different sets as once. I haven't completely made up my mind, but I know that if I were to solicit advice it would be 99% in favor of me being more realistic.


Let's hope there's more floating heads in 2013. Floating heads are great.


Sadly, Drexler did not fulfill the prophecy set forth by Topps, but he did eventually win a title... albeit with Houston.


I had never seen this design before. This is 2003-04 Topps NBA, for the record. These cards probably aren't floating around like crazy because it was the LeBron rookie year.


The current Blazers team is young and has been very intriguing to watch, but there's something to be said for the years where they were built to win at any cost. It never proved to be ultimately successful, but they used to make deep playoff runs at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.