Saturday, January 19, 2013

Three Turkeys From a Reader


I recently won a Listia auction from reader Steve D on a 2012 Topps Heritage card, and Steve was kind enough to turn the auction win into a small trade thanks to some Bernie Williams cards I had on offer. He knocked off 3 more cards of my fairly neglected 2009 Turkey Red inserts collection.


If I manage to complete anything Turkey Red related in 2013, it will be a huge win. I'm going after the inserts (2009 & 2010) pretty hard right now, though, since they are smaller in number and fresher in peoples' minds.


Turkey Red is one of my all-time favorite designs, but I'm glad they haven't becoming Allen & Ginter-ized. I'm not sure that new design concepts would work, and there are already too many Topps sets.


Finally, here's the Listia win - a short printed Yunel Escobar. I've heard Escobar is a bit of a jerk, which is fitting because so is the Heritage set.

1 comment :

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.