Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Long Live the Bay Rays

Rays fandom is at an all-time high. Of course, I was with them from the beginning. So they might have funny uniforms here on the 2008 Topps Series 1 cards, but there is still fun to be had. Feel... the heat... Rays... right?

I love the BAY RAYS. Wait... what? I don't even like Dan Wheeler (re: Wheeler, Dan, 2004-2007. see also: Astros, Houston) But the Bay Rays. Man, they are awesome. Wait... I thought they got rid of one of those pesky extra word in their team name that was totally bringing the franchise down. I thought it was something fairly Satanic, but, hmm... guess not. I guess they're just the Bay Rays now.

Well, okay, Brendan Harris isn't even a Bay Ray anymore. Or a Ray. Or a Devil Ray. Whatever he is, it wasn't his fault that there were strange and shoddy mistakes made with some Series 1 cards in the 2008 Topps set. I don't think these carried through to Series 2 and I could only find these two cards that were affected, but it's stilly pretty silly. Silly like the Red Sox chances now, right? (Yes, I remember what happened last year...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.