Saturday, September 10, 2011

Good Luck Ducks, Week 2: Regroup

We're one week in now and I'm still not sure what to make of this Ducks team. I can tell you my thoughts, but I'm no expert. I think the Ducks were pretty terrible against LSU. I honestly wasn't that impressed by the Tigers. They have a hefty ranking and apparently lofty expectations, but I would be surprised if they're anywhere close to a Top 10 team by the end of the season. (It should be noted that no one ever calls on me for college football opinions or analysis, so take that for what it's worth.)

After month after month of ridiculous hype leading up to the Cowboys Classic game, I've barely paid attention to what's going on this week with the Ducks and Nevada. That would be a scary sign if I was representative of the Ducks football team, but I'm pretty sure I'm not. I have gone through a hectic, mostly sportsless week. Those guys like to practice, hit each other and play their Xbox 360 games in the locker room. I'm so out of touch with today's youth!

The Ducks are favored by about four touchdowns in this game, but it's still a bit nerve-wracking because Nevada was a really good team last year. They no longer have Colin Kaepernick, however, but it seems like they still have a good amount of experienced players from last season. I won't get too excited about this game until LaMichael James scores 3 TDs in the first and proceeds to sit for the final three quarters. Anything less than that will probably be a little scary.


Above footage from a 1997 matchup between the Wolfpack and the Ducks. Still relevant!


Game time is 12:30 PDT with national television coverage on FX. Yes, that channel. Hey, they show It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.